Phantom XL Auto Darkening Welding Helmet
- XL Lens area - 50% taller than standard sizes
- 2 Amp minimum sensitivity for precision TIG
- 2 x twin sensors for increased arc detection
- Replaceable battery for extended LCD cartridge life
- Suitable for MIG, TIG, ARC & PLASMA cutting
- Now with clear Grinding Mode
Perfectly placed between the high-end £200+ Autoshields and the budget models, the Phantom XL from Weldability SIF has an outstanding specification for the money.
The optical viewing area is almost 50% taller than standard versions for greater visibility of the job in hand, and benefits from 4 independent light sensors for dependable switching in all applications. Lens reaction time is <1/25,000s and is sensitive enough for DC Pulsed TIG down to 4 amps, AC TIG down to 4 amps, and standard DC TIG down to just 2 amps!
MIG/MAG, MMA & PLASMA Cutting are all also perfectly covered. Variable Shade control (9-13) is located internally on the ADF unit to prevent any external damage caused from knocks, along with fully variable Sensitivity & Delay controls. The unit is solar cell powered from the welding arc, with a replaceable battery back-up for extended cartridge life; 6000hr average life, 2x 3V Lithium cell batteries, readily available.
The helmet shell itself provides excellent, full front & side protection and is manufactured from impact resistant Nylon. Finished in a nice metallic red coating with Flame graphics. The headgear is comfortable & fully adjustable – from ‘nose to lens’ fit – as well as head size & rake angle adjustment.
Now fitted with clear Grinding function.
|WE LIKE: High-end specification, low price.|
|WE DISLIKE: Plastic retail packaging will definitely impress on Christmas Day, but is a nightmare to get into - a good old cardboard box would have done!|
- Solar cell powered with 4x optical sensors
- Lithium battery back-up (replaceable) with internal LED to indicate replacement
- XL Viewing Area: 97mm x 62mm
- Application Range: DC TIG <2amp, AC TIG <4amp, DC Pulse TIG <4amp
- Suitable for MIG/MAG, TIG, MMA & PLASMA ARC Welding/Cutting
- Fully variable shade control DIN 9-13 (internal adjustment)
- Fully variable Sensitivity & Delay control
- Weight 490g
Standards: CE, EN379, EN175, ANSI Z87.1, CSA Z94.3